How to Prepare Your Home for Sale
– Make any necessary small repairs and paint touch-ups.
– Landscaping… trim trees & shrubs, mow grass, pull weeds, rake rocks.
– Remove clutter inside and out.
– Paint front door if needed (accent colors can be great to add character).
– Clean off the fridge.
– Clear counter-tops of non-regularly used items.
– Clean baseboards.
– Scrub tile & grout.
– Vacuum ceiling fans.
– Remove bulky furnishings that crowd a room.
– Organize closets & pantries.
– Turn all lights on (make the home light and bright)
– Open all window blinds.
– Have the beds made.
– Clear your countertops.
– Put laundry put away.
– Take the garbage out… need the house smelling good!
– Make sure fresh towels are hung & folded neatly.
– Close the toilets.
– Clean up after your pets.
– Turn pool waterfall or any other special features on, when applicable.