School is out… now what?
At least here in Metro Phoenix, this week represents a whole lot of High School Graduations, 8th Grade Promotions and a ton of kids exiting back into their parent’s possession for the next two and a half months. If you’re like the majority of parents, you could be overwhelmed with the thought of having to keep them entertained. That’s where this blog comes into play… below are some thoughts and ideas to keep them not only occupied, but having fun, still learning and not breaking the bank every day.
Many of the ideas below have direct links to their respective website for more information!
Visit a Zoo and/or Aquarium
- Sea Life Aquarium
- Butterfly Wonderland
- Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park
- Phoenix Herpetelogical Sanctuary
- Phoenix Zoo
- Encanto Park & Enchanted Island
- McCormick Stillman Railroad Park
- Splash Pads… Pioneer Park, Rio Vista, Anthem Outlets, Westgate, etc… bigger list HERE
- Water Parks… Wet-n-Wild, Golfland Sunsplash & Big Surf
Educational Centers & Museums
- Musical Instrument Museum
- Visit your local Library… lots of Parent-Tot Reading Sessions available
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Children’s Museum
- Arizona Science Center
- Hall of Flame Fire Museum
Sports & Entertainment
- Diamondbacks Baseball Game
- Ice Skating
- Skateboarding Park
- Swimming Lessons through your local City
- Free Concerts… Desert Ridge Marketplace, Tempe Marketplace & Westgate City Center offer these to name a few
- See a Movie
There are plenty more options, but hopefully this is helpful in your planning. Also, remember to keep those kids reading throughout the summer. Several School Principals have recently told me that even 15-20 minutes per day will make a huge difference come August.